Water Research has an open access mirror journal Water Research X, sharing the same aims and scope, editorial team, submission system and rigorous peer review. Water Research publishes refereed, original research papers on all aspects of the science and technology of water quality and its management worldwide. A broad outline of the journal's scope includes:
- Treatment processes for water and wastewaters, municipal, agricultural and industrial, including residuals management.
- Water quality monitoring and assessment, based on chemical, physical and biological methods.
- Studies on inland, tidal or coastal waters and urban waters, including surface and ground waters, and point and non-point sources of pollution.
- The limnology of lakes, impoundments and rivers.
- Solid and hazardous waste management, including source characterization and the effects and control of leachates and gaseous emissions.
- Environmental restoration, including soil and groundwater remediation.
- Analysis of the interfaces between sediments and water, and water/atmosphere interactions.
- The application of mathematical modelling and system analysis techniques.
- Public health and risk assessment.
- Socio-economic studies.
|Historical Changes in the Ecological Connectivity of the Seine River for Fish: A Focus on Physical and Chemical Barriers Since the Mid-19th Century||Journal Article||Céline Le Pichon and Belliard Céline Le Pichon , Laurence Lestel , Emeric Courson , Marie-Line Merg , Evelyne Tales and Jérôme Belliard||2020|
|Understanding urban water performance at the city-region scale using an urban water metabolism evaluation framework||Journal Article||Renouf et al. Renouf, Marguerite A.; Kenway, Steven J.; Lam, Ka Leung; Weber, Tony; Roux, Estelle; Serrao-Neumann, Silvia; Choy, Darryl Low; Morgan, Edward A.||2018|
|Urban water metabolism indicators derived from a water mass balance – Bridging the gap between visions and performance assessment of urban water resource management||Journal Article||Renouf et al. Renouf, M. A.; Serrao-Neumann, S.; Kenway, S. J.; Morgan, E. A.; Low Choy, D.||2017|
|Mass balance for wastewater nitrogen in the Central Arizona–Phoenix ecosystem||Journal Article||Lauver and Baker Lauver, Lisa; Baker, Lawrence A||2000|